Monday, May 12, 2008

Mothers Day Weekend

Saturday morning we wake up, and Adam heads out to the gym to meet up with the guys. Chance, Avery and I are hanging out when we decide that it is going to be a perfect day to plant flowers. Problem is that I hadn't bought any yet, so the kids and I head out to Walmart. While at Walmart (or as I like to call it, the Devil's Haven), we decide to buy some lunch meat. As we head over to the meat counter, we find a little area all set up with cake decorating supplies and little cakes. Walmart was having a special deal where kids could decorate cakes for their moms for mothers day, and it was all free!!! Of course we decided that it looked like fun, so the kids and I made this beautiful cake!!!!
Chance's half is the side with the dark red frosting and the red white and blue star sprinkles. Avery's half has pink fluffy frosting flowers and pastel sprinkles! They did a great job! Here they are showing off their pretty cake.





These photos are more for my mom. She was here a few weeks ago and all my flowers beads where overgrown and basically a mess. So here are my beds all cleared out and halfway planted.
This one is a little naked. I may have to buy some fillers!!!!
Yes I know, another lovely photo of me. I was hanging laundry out and had stuck a few clothes pins on the bottom of my shirt to save my from bending over five hundred times. Avery kept aking me why I had a skirt on. It was cute to hear her little voice ask, "mommy why you got skurt on???" So then I put a few on the neckline of my tee-shirt and then she wanted to know why I had a necklace on..... so then I added a few in the front just for extra decoration. Avery thought I looked fancy! Once again, in the minds of babes!!!!

After 3 years of begging, I am closer to having my deck finished!!! Adam's friend Mark came over to help with the stairs and railing.
They got the side stairs almost done and 1/3 of the railing up. Hopefully soon it will all be done!!!!
Here the guys are, hard at work!!! Great job guys! Thanks for all your help Mark!!!
Of course it is just a plain old saturday, but my little girl has to dress like it is the prom or something! Here she is playing on the trampoline!!
I love her hair!!!!!!!
Did anyone lose a monkeye???? HAHA.
This is Super Chance flying across the trampoline!!!!!!The kids had some more of their cake tonight! You can't really see very well in the photos, but Avery turned her piece upside down and ate the cake, and Chance ate all the frosting off the top of his!!! Just goes to show how completely oposite my kids are!!!!


1 comment:

Keri said...

Your flower beds look great!! I'm a bit jealous...mine need lots of work but here I am 8 months pregnant and there is no way I could get down on my hands and knees to fix them!!

I love the cake!! What a great idea and how fun for you three! Avery is like me, I leave the frosting, too!

Oh and she is so stinkin funny in her fancy dress on the trampoline!